Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Pickles"

Granny has for a long time related to the comic strip "Pickles". She says that it really reminds her of her and Papaw. I think that probably for the most part any couple in their "senior" years could relate to the couple in this comic. The neat thing about the couple that is drawn is that they actually favor Granny and Papaw. I think that this is what makes it even more of a draw for Granny.

Granny loves this so much that she as written Brian Crane, the writer and illustrator, several times. Each time he has returned a note to her or a special drawing. He seems to be a really kind person.

So, I check this strip out every once in a while because there are times that it really reminds me of Granny and Papaw. I did not check it out this weekend, but met up with Rhonda and Granny yesterday, and Granny told me that if I still had the paper I should look at it... It reminded her of Papaw and Beth (even though the girl is supposed to be the daughter in the strip) . I read it and it really did remind me of the two of them! Beth and her sweet, caring, gullable heart ( I love you , Beth) and Papaw in his sweet, caring, jovial, joshing heart.


HERE IT IS:

3 comments:

Rhonda Walker said...

That is like them. Mother had told me about it but I just haven't had time to read the paper. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

too funny this cartoon is :) yes, i was duped by paw-paw many a time.. but always in a loving way! (i think...? ;)

Followers

About Me

My photo
Jody, Casey, Jordan, and Alex
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Leelou Blogs