Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Christmas Post... a little delayed.

The following pictures are just some of the things that we did during our busy month of December.

When we returned home from Ohio, the next day we went to pick out our Christmas tree. We usually go to the Farmer's Market, to pick out our tree, on a Saturday or Sunday during the day. This year we went on a Monday night. Dad, Jody, and Jordan were not able to make it... and there were not a lot of places that were open. Some years when we go we are wearing shortsleeves to pick out a tree, but this year, it was was pretty darn cold. So, this picture is of Alex in front of the tree that she picked out, all bundled up in a hat that (I think)my Aunt, Eloise had given to me when I was a little girl. Mom had just found them in some storage stuff at her house.



Here is Alex and Grayben, visibly cold!!


Jordan's birthday falls right in the middle of the holiday season. We celebrated it this year, at Corey and Erin's house. You can see in the next two pictures, the apple cinnamon cake that Jordan requested... and his ever favorite mint chocolate chip icecream.




Alex had a little bit harder time "believing" this year. But, she did want to go to see Santa. And, I am glad she did. She looked very cute in the outfit that my mom made for her... I am just sorry I did not get a good full length shot of her in it.






Alex had asked for a Veteranarian Doctor Kit this year. My mom found one and she was soooooo excited when she opened it. She probably would have been okay with just that and nothing else. She immediately started pretending. There is a picture in her vet attire below... but, the following pictures got out of sequence again.


Dad opening his Ranger Windshield from mom.


Alex and Grayben, waiting to open their presents.


We also went to Samford to see the Nutcracker, and Alex really enjoyed the first half. I forgot to tell her that there would be an intermission and we would need to sit there for another 45 minutes. She was really good about it, and LOVED the first half (it ended with snow! in the auditorium) but really thought that we should be able to go after the first act. This picture is of her in front of the Christmas tree at Samford.


This is my cousin's oldest girl Evan.She was just a doll. She got the Hannah Monana guitar from Santa and just performed her little heart out for all of us. Precious! http://www.thefreemanfamilyalbum.blogspot.com/

The Brother's and Sister's or Aunt's and Uncle's. Rhonda, Darrell, Mom, and Doyle. This year was one of the best Christmas' we have had in several years. There were some key family members that were dearly missed, but we still had a great time without them. Jody even commented on how different things were this year (in a positive way) Can't you just see on their faces how much fun they were having. We only had about 42 cameras going off to capture this moment in front of the infamous mural.


Alex opening her Wii from Santa on Christmas morning.


Mom opening the portrait of Alex and Grayben that we (Corey and Erin and Jody and I) had done for her.


Alex in her Vet attire.


These are the stockings that I made for us this year. I loved what we had, but Erin had gotten these really cool looking ones from Christmas Village, and I decided that I wanted some similar, too. So, mom drew up a pattern for me and I picked out the fabric and sewed and monogrammed them. I think they turned out pretty cute.


So, when the season started rolling in. Jody and I decided that the washer and dryer, that we had to purchase in October would be our Christmas presents to each other. They are really nice front loaders that I have been wanting for a long time. And if any of you knew what I was going through just to wash clothes.. you will agree that it was at least time for a new washer! Anyway, he also surprised me with tickets to Robin Williams that I am very excited about. He loves him, and so do I but I think I am most excited about a TRUE date night, even though I have to wait for another 2 1/2 months. But, between our schedules we are often too tired to go out and do anything together. We usually just spend time at home watching a movie or something like that. So, this should be fun!... watch for a post about that later.

Probably, though, the most sentimental and thoughtful gift of all came from Alex this year. She planned a "photo shoot" with Erin back in the spring or early summer. She was supposed to spend the night with them and she had planned out everything from where they should go to take the pictures, to what she would wear, etc. Well, Corey and Erin got the news of Grayben's arrival the same week that this was all supposed to happen. So, everything got postponed sort of indefinitely. But, in September, around Alex birthday, they were able to follow through with everything. And Erin and Corey created this slideshow
And Alex all on her own created a scrapbook which she has inherited quite a talent for from her Aunt Rhonda, entitled "A Perfect Day". I wish that I could have taken pictures of every page to show... it is really sweet, down to every last caption.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading that post! All the pictures were great! What great gift ideas you all had. I love the pictures of Alex, too. What a thoughtful gift from her!
Mandy

Lee said...

I am glad you got a picture of Evan rocking out. One day I will actually take one of my own. If I can ever figure out how to do videos I have a video of her a short time after Aiden was born performing on our hearth. It was very funny.

Beth said...

Loving the vet outfit.. it looks VERY comprehensive -- don't think they forgot a thing when creating this outfit! ;) So cute!

And I missed one of the Best Christmases EVER?? Weaally??? :(

Hershbine Family said...

beth,
you were one of the key people that was dearly missed :)
yep, I felt like everyone was just back to their old selves and really had fun with one another. It was just different this year! We really did miss you!

Beth said...

boo can't believe i missed such a great one! maybe next year! :)

Alissa said...

What an adorable slide show! Alex is absolutely beautiful and she has the greatest smile in the whole world!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Jody, Casey, Jordan, and Alex
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Leelou Blogs