Saturday, April 5, 2008

Baseball Season Begins!!

Go Cubs!! I changed templates in support of the Cubs! This year marks 100 years since their last world series win!! Maybe they are just due one every hundred years, and this will be the year! The season has not started out great (they are 1-3) But still have approximately 159 more games to play... so there is room for improvement. Below are pictures from my 20th century archives, before everything was digital! I just spent about a half an hour trying to convert a picture (tangible) to a file that I could work with on this blog. Part of the difficulty is I am not extremely computer saavy, and part is that I am so spoiled to just plugging in a compact flash card into a usb and "voila" there are my pictures...

Anyway... here are some pictures circa 1993 from our family trip (a combination birthday present for Corey and I) to a couple of Chicago Cubs games. They were playing the Pirates.
This is the front gate... I love this place... I want to go back!!The Scoreboard behind the "Cheap Seats" Only if I remember correctly they arent so cheap. Notice that everything on the scoreboard is done by a person sitting in there!! Only one or two things are digital on it and they are very "Stone Age" compared to modern scoreboards.... Also, I dont think you can tell in this picture, but I took a closer look at the original... it looks like they were ahead 6-5 in the 7th, but if I remember correctly... they did not win either game we went to see... Maybe Corey or Mom or Dad could correct me if they remember differently! I LOVE THIS PLACE!This is the funniest picture of all to me... We all look so young!! I loved that hat... I searched specifically for it, and now I see how retarded it looked! And those HUGE "Top Gun" aviator RayBan's ... "What a dork!" I guess this is before Corey got is "away" jersey that I was so jealous of. I think that mom and dad still have it at there house. Have I mentioned??? I LOVE THIS PLACE!! I WANT TO GO BACK!!

I forgot to mention earlier how mom gave us these as a present... she put each of our tickets to a Cubs game in a box of Cracker Jacks and we opened them at the same time. We were clueless, the prize in the cracker jacks (instead of a sticker or cheesy tattoo) was tickets for four to two Chicago Cubs Home Games. I have to say... I have had lots of great birthdays... but that one was the biggest surprise and probably the most fun! I LOVED THIS TRIP!!

4 comments:

Lee said...

Your pictures look fun even though I am not a baseball fan. I like the manual scoreboard.

How did you get my blog on your page? I tried to do it the other day and I am computer/blog challenged. I am just impressed that I have managed to do what I have.

Beth said...

This picture cracks me up. How in the world did we end up with the exact same hair, even though I'm adopted?!!

Corey Nolen said...

alright i'm a little behind... sorry. first, i don't remember going to that game with Slash from gun's n roses!

that is awesome that you have these pictures... i don't think i realized you can still look at pictures that aren't digital. here's what i remember about that trip

1. a mean lady wouldn't let us into the bleachers because you are right they are the best seats
2. cubs did lose both games... i think to the pirates, but sosa went yard.
3. a person in a wheelchair caught an opposing teams home run and didn't throw it back. the fans taunted him for 3 or 4 innings and finally the poor guy thew it back on the field like an hour later.
4. i really wanted to see gangsters
5. i used to love skittles but ate a whole Sam's bag on that trip and to this day hate them.

thanks for posting. it was good to see actual images from that trip. you are the reason i am a cubs fan.... thanks for having a crush on some player so that we could go to these games (was it Mark Grace then?). BTW i saw the Dave Martinez card out at mom & dad's... really you still like that guy?

seriously though, i benefited a lot from this trip too so thanks for asking for it & letting it be for me too. it's holds a valuable spot in my childhood memories too.

Hershbine Family said...

are you calling me slash??? I had to go back and look at the background of the picture!! I thought that there must be someone behind us that looked like him! NO, IT WAS ME!!!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Jody, Casey, Jordan, and Alex
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Leelou Blogs