Saturday, March 8, 2008

New Addition to the Hershbine Family

Well, we had promised Alex a puppy for her birthday in September, and for one reason or another every attempt to adopt was not the right one or time for us. So, last Friday, Jody calls me from work asking me to bring Alex by there when we got done with school! I of course asked why? He said he had a surprise for Alex. I asked, can't it wait until you get home? He said well its kinda a puppy!! What?? Long story short... somebody had him on base, and if they did not give him away they were going to take him to the pound. That was all Jody needed to hear... since we had been talking about getting a puppy anyway... he said why not? So Alex and I headed to base to get the puppy... only I did not tell her why we were going! She was very excited to get him and after going through a whole weekend of deciding what name... she finally decided on "Copper" (Like from "The Fox and The Hound") He really probably looks more like Tod, the Fox than Copper, the Hound... but she liked the name copper best! So here are some pictures of our new baby!

3 comments:

Beth said...

awww he is SO cute!! i cannot wait to meet the little critter. how big will he grow?
and i think the name "copper" is perfect.. he LOOKS like a "copper." =)

Anonymous said...

Cute puppy but Greg is going to be so sad that Alex is not getting one of our cute puppies. He had the runt picked out for Alex but I was leaning toward the all red one that got hurt and has been nursed back to good health by you know who. If you want another one let us know as we have nine cuties here. Love ya, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

That is about the cutest thing I've seen in a while! What does Shasta think about him? I would love to get a puppy for the girls. Sarah is really getting into animals lately, and I think it would be a good time. She's not scared of them yet! What kind of dog is Copper? I'll have to tell you who else has a dog named Copper. :)
Mandy

Followers

About Me

My photo
Jody, Casey, Jordan, and Alex
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Leelou Blogs