Sunday, March 23, 2008

What We Did On Our Spring Break!

So this is sort of a lengthy post with lots of pictures, but I just wanted to give a glimpse of what we did for our Spring Break.
It started with towel making. Susan, my nextdoor neighbor and friend, came to me with this cute idea of making these hooded towels for bigger kids. Completely someone else's creative idea... but we started brainstorming all the different things that we could do to make them even cuter! The following two pictures are just the simplest of what we came up with! I am stashing away a couple to give as gifts, and am even contemplating making and selling them if anyone out there thinks they might be interested in one for themselves or for a gift.


ON MONDAY... We went to the Zoo!!! They have a new Camel ride which will more than likely be her only camel ride of the season, because it is entirely to expensive... $5.50 to have the camel walk around in a circle!

YAY!!! The baboons are finally back on exhibit!! Well, maybe they never were gone... but I dont know if there has ever been a time that Alex has seen a Baboon at the Birmingham Zoo! These McCaws are very similar to the ones that I just posted on the cozumel post, but they are just so beautiful! ON TUESDAY....Alex went to play with her good buddy, Rainesy Roo! And after they played there for several hours, Raines came to our house and played and at dinner and attempted to spend the night... The girls had lots of fun together ... they had not seen each other since November! Despite the looks in the pictures... they were really excited about seeing each other! ON WEDNESDAY... Alex could wait no longer to dye eggs... so arent they pretty??? (Funny Story... we dyed eggs in our class at school the week before we let out for spring break, there is a little girl who got very uneasy about us doing this. She kept asking us why were dying the eggs, why would we want to do that? She was afraid that we were killing the eggs by "dieing" them) ON THURSDAY... Alex and I had a slumber party at Granny Betty's. We took Granny to Jasper to see my grandfathers Aunt Vera... and came back and painted. Alex has been asking to do this again for a long time. I could tell that Granny was very tired and "give out", but she got out the paints for Alex and they started working on a flower painting. I finished up mine that I had started about a year ago. And we slept and woke up and Granny fixed us breakfast and we had an Easter Egg Hunt inside. My City Scene... Alex signing her masterpiece So zonked out that she was hanging off of the bed and her pajama top had come untied and she did not even know. Easter Egg Hunt... Can you guess where Granny and Alex hid the eggs from me?? Look very carefully...LOL!
ON FRIDAY... Alex drove the military street sweeper... and we picked up Angel and Mike from the airport. We all ate at Lonestar ... and I did not have to cook!!! I took the following pictures across the runway while we were waiting on Mike and Angels flight... I know Beth, you have to be jealous that I got three good ones... (btw... I never saw the plane in the picture you took) Maybe your husband should buy you a cool camera like mine! ;0)

ON SATURDAY.... We went to the lake to ride bikes and four wheelers... Lots of fun!!


Angel, Jordan, Mike and Alex at the Old Place

Pooped after a long day in the Country... ON SUNDAY... It was Easter... The Easter Bunny came to see all four kids and Mom, Alex, Angel and I all went to church together at Trinity... then it was off to Granny's for lunch! I dont think I have mentioned on this blog how much I miss Pawpaw!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

okay, casey.. this post CRACKS me up. you pinned "give out," and where granny hid the eagg is hilarious! what fun.. i wish i'd been there to join the festivites you guys had all week/weekend!

and at least ONE of us actually got some good plane photos.. i'm still a bit miffed about that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Casey! Sounds like you & Alex had an exciting Spring Break! Lots of fun and relaxation! It was very hard to get up this morning! :)
Mandy

Lee said...

And why did you not ride the camel? For and extra $5.50 you could have gotten your picture made too. I rode it with Evan. The merry go round ride lasted longer than the camel ride...I would have preferred the camel ride to be longer, I don't like to ride around in circles while spinning.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Jody, Casey, Jordan, and Alex
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Leelou Blogs